Iden Cowan, M.D.
Austin Pain Doctor, Capitol Pain Institute
Dr. Iden Cowan is dual board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management. She is passionate about providing customized multimodal treatment plans that directly target her patients’ sources of pain, with a special interest in lumbar spinal stenosis, pelvic pain, and sacroiliac joint pain. Dr. Cowan enjoys working to improve her patients’ functional status and helping them achieve their goals. Dr. Cowan is excited to offer several minimally invasive procedures including spinal cord stimulation, dorsal root ganglion stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, Superion and Zipp for lumbar spinal stenosis, sacroiliac stabilization, as well as a variety of nerve blocks. Dr. Cowan is accepting new patients at our North Austin and Georgetown locations.
Having practiced interventional pain medicine for the past 8 years, Dr. Cowan is a key opinion leader in the field. She spends many of her weekends traveling around the country teaching other pain physicians how to perform various spine implants.
Dr. Cowan is vinyasa yoga certified and in her free time enjoys hot power yoga, teaching her peers, hiking, cycling & exploring beautiful Austin and beyond in the great state of Texas.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Intrathecal Pain Pump
- Minimally Invasive Sacroiliac Stabilization
- Vertiflex/Superion Procedure
- Zipp Procedure for Lumbar Stabilization
- Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
- Sympathetic Plexus Nerve Block
- Epidural Steroid Injections / Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint/Medial Branch Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablations
- Botox for Migraines
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks (Stellate Ganglion, Cluneal, Suprascapular, Posterior Tibial)
- Restorative Neurostimulation